Congratulations! You've Decided to Get Focused and Get Fit!

Welcome to Alexis Martin's "Get Focused, Get Fit" blog! I hope this helps you set attainable goals and more importantly, REACH your goals! Check back regularly for updates and new helpful hints to stay on track!

Thanks for putting your health first,
Alexis Martin

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Start Getting Fit Today!


If you haven't started journaling your food, you should start.   The hardest part is STARTING!  I know it sounds daunting, but it really isn't.  We all have habits, good & bad,  and the only way to create habits is through repetition.  The journal will become part of your daily routine as long as you start and make yourself stick to it.  Same with exercise, we can make it a habit, but it takes time and effort!  I've read it takes 21 to 40 days or times (not sure which is accurate) of doing something to make it a habit.

Also, to be successful, you have to have a plan.  If you haven't set goals yet, take a minute and at least set some goals for this first week.  My first goal last week was to clean out my fridge and pantry and get rid of junk I love, also known as "trigger foods".  Foods that I can't resist, can't control the amount that I consume once I start to eat it and foods that lead me to other bad habits.  My second goal was to get prepared for good, clean eating.  I went to the store and stocked up on fruits, veggies, chicken, fish and turkey.  I washed, cut, prepped and cooked for the week.  By the end of the week, I felt better and had more energy!

So, get ready, get set & go!!!!  Good luck and may the best fitness mind-body commitment win!

No comments:

Post a Comment